DIPLOMA OF ACCOUNTING (FNS50215)
This qualification reflects professional accounting job roles in financial services and other industries. Individuals in these roles apply solutions to a range of complex problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They apply initiative to plan, coordinate and evaluate their own work and guidance to others within defined guidelines.
The preferred pathway into this qualification is from the FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting. There are many pathways a graduating student could follow after achieving the FNS60215 Advanced Diploma of Accounting. Candidates may undertake further higher education studies or proceed with other studies related to their vocation.
- On campus
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- 18 months (78 Weeks)
Graduates may find employment in senior accounting roles. Job roles and titles will vary across different industry sectors however possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Accounts Manager
- Finance Sector Supervisor or Manager
- Accounting Support Supervisor
To obtain this qualification, students must complete 11 units (6 core units and 5 elective).
- FNSACC501 Provide financial and business performance information – core
- FNSACC502 Prepare tax documentation for individuals – core**
- FNSACC503 Manage budgets and forecasts – core
- FNSACC504 *Prepare financial reports for corporate entities – core
- FNSACC506 Implement and maintain internal control procedures – core
- FNSACC507 Provide management accounting information – core
- BSBADM502- Manage Meetings- elective
- BSBSUS501- Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability- elective
- BSBLDR402- Lead effective workplace relations- elective
- FNSACC301- Process financial transactions and extract interim reports- elective
- BSBFIA401- Prepare financial reports- elective
*FNSACC504 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities requires the following prerequisites: BSBFIA401 Prepare Financial Reports, FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
** Units included in the Tax Practitioners Board approved course in Australian taxation law:
FNSSS00008 Taxation law for tax agents Skill Set (Tax documentation) – FNSACC502 and FNSACC601
Students can enroll anytime before the start of an upcoming Course Term.
- Term 1 – 07/01/2019
- Term 2 – 08/04/2019
- Term 3 – 08/07/2019
- Term 4 – 08/10/2019
Scholarships are available for both commencing and current students.
All course material is provided. Students may also be referred to other publicly available material that is available free of charge.