Why Study English with the Australian College of the Professions (ACP)
At ACP, our goal is to make your learning experience in Sydney as rewarding and practical as possible by giving you premium resources and excellent student support.
- Expert Teachers – our staff focus on supporting and motivating students to reach their full English language potential. ACP is registered with CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students), and our teachers are fully qualified and experienced.
- Prime Location – ACP is in the heart of the Sydney CBD and 200 meters from
Central Railway Station.
- Exceptional Student Support – ACP offers well-planned and immediate support for international students. We can advise on essentials such as accommodation, student welfare, and legal and work rights.
Course Duration and Delivery
Classroom-based – formal structured training and assessment delivered at our campus at Level 5, 136 Chalmers Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010, Australia
The General English course has 6 levels, with 12 weeks per level, while the EAP and IELTS courses have 2 levels, also with 12 weeks per level. Classes are held face-to-face for 20 hours per week at the ACP campus in Sydney, Australia. We have new enrolments every Monday, meaning you can begin your English studies at any time of the year.
What You Will Learn
ACP ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students) courses cater for all levels, from beginner to advanced.
Our courses will:
- Develop Accuracy
- Students will practice language skills in verbal and written form.
- Feedback will be given regarding language errors.
- Areas of study include general sentence construction, pronunciation, spelling, verb usage, word definitions and comprehension.
- Improve Fluency
- Students will practice thinking and speaking in various situations.
- Feedback will be given regarding how students can avoid problems that impede
- Areas of study include creative and critical thinking, public speaking and
- Provide Motivation
- Students will be engaged in relevant topics and issues.
- Students will be encouraged to have fun while learning.
- Teachers will develop a good rapport with their students.
- Teachers will focus on being aware of student needs and concerns.
- Foster Confidence
- Students will study in an environment where they feel secure and comfortable.
- Students will develop the tools necessary to communicate effectively.
- Teachers will provide positive feedback whenever possible.
- Teachers will encourage all students to actively participate.
How to Apply as an International Student
Enrolment applications for this course are open year-round for all international students! To apply now or ask about enrolment requirements, send us a message and our student coordinator will send you an enrolment form with complete course information such as schedules, lesson outlines, and fees.