ADVANCED DIPLOMA OF ACCOUNTING (FNS60215)
This qualification is designed to reflect the role of individuals working in accounting and seeking professional identification. At this level individuals are expected to apply theoretical and technical skills in a range of situations and to display initiative and judgement in planning activities. They have autonomy in performing complex operations and can be responsible for planning, coordinating and evaluating the work of others within broad but generally well-defined parameters.
The preferred pathway into this qualification is from the FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting. There are many pathways a graduating student could follow after achieving the FNS60215 Advanced Diploma of Accounting. Candidates may undertake further higher education studies or proceed with other studies related to their vocation.
- On campus
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- 18 months (78 Weeks)
Graduates may find employment in senior accounting roles. Job roles and titles will vary across different industry sectors however possible job titles relevant to this qualification include Chief Financial Officer, Finance Director, Senior Accounts Manager, Finance Manager, Accounting Supervisor.
- Accounts Manager
- Finance Sector Supervisor or Manager
- Accounting Support Supervisor
To obtain this qualification, students must complete 14 units (3 core units and 11 elective).
- FNSACC604 Monitor corporate governance activities – core
- FNSINC601 Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry – core
- FNSINC602 Interpret and use financial statistics and tools – core
- BSBFIM601 Manage finances- elective
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports – elective
- FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports – elective
- BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans- elective
- FNSACC601 *Prepare and administer tax documentation for legal entities**
- FNSACC504 *Prepare financial reports for corporate entities – elective
- FNSACC502 *Prepare tax documentation for individuals**- elective
- BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement- elective
- BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organisation- elective
- BSBWOR502- Lead and manage team effectiveness- elective
- BSBMGT617 Develop and implement a business plan- elective
*Note the following prerequisite unit requirements
For FNSACC504 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities, requires BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports and FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
For FNSACC601 Prepare and administer tax documentation for legal entities, requires FNSACC502 Prepare tax documentation for individuals.
Students can enroll anytime before the start of an upcoming Course Term.
To obtain this qualification, students must complete 11 units (6 core units and 5 elective).
- Term 1 – 07/01/2019 to 15/03/2019
- Term 2 – 08/04/2019 to 14/06/2019
- Term 3 – 08/07/2019 to 13/09/2019
- Term 4 – 08/10/2019 to 13/12/2019
Course Fees – AU$12,000/Yr
Scholarships are available for both commencing and current students.
All course material is provided. Students may also be referred to other publicly available material that is available free of charge.