CERTIFICATE IV IN COMMERCIAL COOKERY (099223M)
This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops, or to run a small business in these sectors.
Classroom-based – formal structured training and assessment of the practical application of the theoretical learning during the training program.
- 18 months (78 weeks)
Employment outcomes resulting from the completion of this course may include the following roles:
- Chef de Partie
- BSBDIV501 MANAGE DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE (C)
- BSBSUS401 IMPLEMENT AND MONITOR ENVIRONMENTALLY SUSTAINABLE WORK PRACTICES (C)
- SITHCCC001 USE FOOD PREPARATION EQUIPMENT (C)
- SITHCCC005 PREPARE DISHES USING BASIC METHODS OF COOKERY (C)
- SITHCCC006 PREPARE APPETISERS AND SALADS (C)
- SITHCCC007 PREPARE STOCKS, SAUCES AND SOUPS (C)
- SITHCCC008 PREPARE VEGETABLE, FRUIT, EGG AND FARINACEOUS DISHES (C)
- SITHCCC012 PREPARE POULTRY DISHES (C)
- SITHCCC013 PREPARE SEAFOOD DISHES (C)
- SITHCCC014 PREPARE MEAT DISHES (C)
- SITHCCC018 PREPARE FOOD TO MEET SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS (C)
- SITHCCC019 PRODUCE CAKES, PASTRIES AND BREADS (C)
- SITHCCC020 WORK EFFECTIVELY AS A COOK (C)
- SITHKOP002 PLAN AND COST BASIC MENUS (C)
- SITHKOP004 DEVELOP MENUS FOR SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS (C)
- SITHKOP005 COORDINATE COOKING OPERATIONS (C)
- SITHPAT006 PRODUCE DESSERTS (C)
- SITXCOM005 MANAGE CONFLICT (C)
- SITXFIN003 MANAGE FINANCES WITHIN A BUDGET (C)
- SITXFSA001 USE HYGIENIC PRACTICES FOR FOOD SAFETY (C)
- SITXFSA002 PARTICIPATE IN SAFE FOOD HANDLING PRACTICES (C)
- SITXHRM001 COACH OTHERS IN JOB SKILLS (C)
- SITXHRM003 LEAD AND MANAGE PEOPLE (C)
- SITXINV002 MAINTAIN THE QUALITY OF PERISHABLE ITEMS (C)
- SITXMGT001 MONITOR WORK OPERATIONS (C)
- SITXWHS003 IMPLEMENT AND MONITOR WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY PRACTICES (C)
- SITHCCC004 PACKAGE PREPARED FOODSTUFFS (E)
- SITHCCC009 PRODUCE COOK-CHILL AND COOK-FREEZE FOODS (E)
- SITHCCC010 RE-THERMALISE CHILLED AND FROZEN FOODS (E)
- SITHCCC015 PRODUCE AND SERVE FOOD FOR BUFFETS (E)
- SITHFAB002 PROVIDE RESPONSIBLE SERVICE OF ALCOHOL (E)
- SITHFAB003 OPERATE A BAR (E)
- HLTAID003 PROVIDE FIRST AID (E)
Students can enroll anytime before the start of an upcoming Course Term.
- Term 1 – 07/01/2019
- Term 2 – 08/04/2019
- Term 3 – 08/07/2019
- Term 4 – 08/10/2019 9
Scholarships are available for both commencing and current students.
All course material is provided. Students may also be referred to other publicly available material that is available free of charge.