DIPLOMA OF EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND CARE (097779B)
This qualification reflects the role of early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so they work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Classroom-based – formal structured training and assessment of the practical application of the theoretical learning during the training program.
- 24 months (104 weeks)
- CHCDIV002 PROMOTE ABORIGINAL AND/OR TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER CULTURAL SAFETY (C)
- CHCECE001 DEVELOP CULTURAL COMPETENCE C)
- CHCECE002 ENSURE THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF CHILDREN C)
- CHCECE003 PROVIDE CARE FOR CHILDREN C)
- CHCECE004 PROMOTE AND PROVIDE HEALTHY FOOD AND DRINKS C)
- CHCECE005 PROVIDE CARE FOR BABIES AND TODDLERS C)
- CHCECE007 DEVELOP POSITIVE AND RESPECTFUL RELATIONSHIPS WITH CHILDREN C)
- CHCECE009 USE AN APPROVED LEARNING FRAMEWORK TO GUIDE PRACTICE C)
- CHCECE016 ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN A SAFE AND HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT FOR CHILDREN C)
- CHCECE017 FOSTER THE HOLISTIC DEVELOPMENT AND WELLBEING OF THE CHILD IN EARLY CHILDHOOD C)
- CHCECE018 NURTURE CREATIVITY IN CHILDREN C)
- CHCECE019 FACILITATE COMPLIANCE IN AN EDUCATION AND CARE SERVICES C)
- CHCECE020 ESTABLISH AND IMPLEMENT PLANS FOR DEVELOPING COOPERATIVE BEHAVIOUR C)
- CHCECE021 IMPLEMENT STRATEGIES FOR THE INCLUSION OF ALL CHILDREN C)
- CHCECE022 PROMOTE CHILDREN’S AGENCY C)
- CHCECE023 ANALYSE INFORMATION TO INFORM LEARNING C)
- CHCECE024 DESIGN & IMPLEMENT THE CURRICULUM TO FOSTER CHILDREN’S LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT C)
- CHCECE025 EMBED SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES IN SERVICE OPERATIONS C)
- CHCECE026 WORK IN PARTNERSHIP WITH FAMILIES TO PROVIDE APPROPRIATE EDUCATION AND CARE FOR CHILDREN C)
- CHCLEG001 WORK LEGALLY AND ETHICALLY C)
- CHCPRT001 IDENTIFY AND RESPOND TO CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE AT RISK C)
- HLTAID004 PROVIDE AN EMERGENCY FIRST AID RESPONSE IN AN EDUCATION AND CARE SETTING C)
- HLTWHS003 MAINTAIN WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY C)
- CHCDIV001 WORK WITH DIVERSE PEOPLE (E)
- CHCPOL002 DEVELOP AND IMPLEMENT POLICY (E)
- CHCECE010 SUPPORT THE HOLISTIC DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN IN EARLY CHILDHOOD (E)
- CHCPRP003 REFLECT ON AND IMPROVE OWN PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE (E)
- CHCINM002 MEET COMMUNITY INFORMATION NEEDS (E)
Students can enroll anytime before the start of an upcoming Course Term.
- Term 1 – 07/01/2019
- Term 2 – 08/04/2019
- Term 3 – 08/07/2019
- Term 4 – 08/10/2019
Scholarships are available for both commencing and current students.
All course material is provided. Students may also be referred to other publicly available material that is available free of charge.